Pages

When to Take Your Baby to the Hospital


My husband and I are obtaining all of the our minimum baby necessities we found necessary. He looked over our list and goes 'a thermometer? We don't absolutely need that immediately, will we?' His theory was, the temperature taken using our hands will probably be as telling as the temp that was taken with a thermometer.
I made him comprehend the reality that 'no way is a hand good enough!'. It is not remotely accurate enough to utilize the sense of touch as the only way to measure. You (and we) should have a thermometer from the start; as you never ever know whenever your infant will become sick. However, I then asked myself... now I have the thermometer, precisely what do I do next?
So I did my research and here are several danger warning signs that signify the need for a trip to the hospital...
  1. body temperature of 100.4° Fahrenheit (38° C) or larger in infants younger than 2 months.
  2. Lack of fluids (crying with no tears, sunken eyes, a depression in the fontanel, no urination in 6 or 8 hours).
  3. Dry mouth and tongue.
  4. Cool or clammy face, body temp under 98.6°.
  5. In the event the fontanel bulges when your baby's quiet and upright.
  6. Lethargic behavior.
  7. Has a stiff neck.
  8. Accelerated or unusual breathing (contact 911 if the infant has inhaling and exhaling difficulty and starts turning blue or purplish around the mouth or lips).
  9. Abnormal throwing up, forceful or a lot, and / or incapable of hold liquids down.
  10. Blood in vomit or excrement (poop).
  11. Greater than 7 diarrhea stools in 8 hours.
If you notice anything alarming or out of the ordinary do not become nervous to get a hold of your health professional first, rather than running for the hospital. If you go straight to the Hospital you could risk getting unnecessary treatments.
An example is from a memory of me going to the e.r. when I was just 17 years old, throwing up from an incapacitating (level 10) kind of agony. Afterwards it turned out I had gallstones. The ER idiots, when I was done through my painful ordeal, recommended to me Prilosec. The med is for acid reflux. Those people tried treating a potentially deadly case of gallstones using antacids. This is why I would want to speak to my primary doctor and you should too.
If signs appear fairly 'normal' to your doctor, you may prevent the needless aggravation of the waiting room and paper work.
If you call the doctor or hospital, have the following info recorded as well as handy before you decide to calling.
  • Your son's or daughter's temperature and the time the fever originated.
  • Medicines you have given him/her, what time that it was administered first, last administered, as well as in between.
  • When and what they last ate and drank.
  • When they lasted soiled their diaper.
  • How much and how often of vomiting or diarrhea.
  • Other applicable signs and symptoms you detected.
Who ever you talk to will have more questions for you. Just stay calm! Your child being sick is not a reflection of your parenting skills.
http://www.onmaternitybelts.com/maternity-belts-articles/
;